Team Lead Software Engineer – PHP
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Team Lead Software Engineer - PHP
We’re looking for a skilled PHP developer to lead, inspire and grow our Development teams. In this role you will work with an inspirational team and implement your own ideas to strategically drive our systems to the next level. Are you passionate about working in an agile environment and a strong believer of scrum and test-driven-development? Are you as good with people as you are with PHP? Then we want to hear from you!
- Coach and mentor a team of 15 Software Engineers.
- Support recruiting of further team members by conducting interviews and working together with HR on creative recruiting efforts.
- Initiate, promote and allocate the resources for technological innovations.
- Be up-to-date and passionate about new technologies. Evaluate their potential for trivago to continuously drive change.
- Ensure and improve performance, reliability, flexibility and maintainability of trivago’s PHP applications.
- Support test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to Product Owners, Frontend Developers, Technical Account Managers and Business Intelligence Analysts.
- Foster continuous knowledge transfer between front & backend developers.
The ideal candidate:
- Has completed a degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Has gained experience leading a team or project from beginning to end.
- Is hungry to learn and is up-to-date on the latest web-technologies.
- Has passion for Agile Development (Scrum, Kanban) which is infectious.
- Is comfortable communicating in English and have enough German knowledge to understand the jokes of your colleagues.
Life at trivago:trivago is an exciting hub of multi-cultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making by our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than how many hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide German for those wanting to practice or learn German.
Join us at trivago - a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and brilliance is created.